Sunday, April 11, 2010

Rune Prayer Beads

1st gold bead - The 1st Aett runes I dedicate to Odin the Warrior—the 1st aspect of the All-Father in Asgard. Let the 1st Aett manifest the creative forces which call the ordered universe into existence.

2nd gold bead - The 2nd Aett runes I dedicate to Vili the Shaman—the 2nd aspect of the All-Father in Asgard. Let the 2nd Aett manifest the forces of involution to unravel the passage and measure of time.

3rd gold bead - The 3rd Aett runes I dedicate to Ve the Wanderer—the 3rd aspect of the All-Father in Asgard. Let the 3rd Aett manifest the forces of transformation to develop and inspire the human race.


1st silver bead - Odin rules in Asgard, the realm of the Aesir, while Heimdal guards the Rainbow Bridge.

2nd silver bead - Frey rules in Vanaheim, the realm of the Vanir, where there is always peace and plenty.

3rd silver bead - Frey rules in Lightalfheim, the realm of the Elves, where Delling guards the sunrise.

4th silver bead - Surt rules in Muspelheim, the realm of creative/destructive Fire, and his name is The Destroyer.

5th silver bead - Thor rules in Midgard, the realm of Time and Humans, where all travel begins and ends.

6th silver bead - Nidhogg rules in Nifelheim, the realm of creative/destructive Frost, until the appointed time.

7th silver bead - Modsognir rules in Swartalfheim; the realm of the Dwarves and treasures of the inner Earth.

8th silver bead - Hella rules in Hel; the realm of the Dead and all knowledge of the Past.

9th silver bead - Thrym rules in Jotunheim; the realm of Giants and the forces of Chaos.


Invocation medallion - Let the power of the Runes rise from the Well of Mimir to reveal to me all things Past, Present and Future. Let the gods Odin and Freya, Frigg and Frey, Thor and Heimdal, the Norns, the Aesir, the Vanir and all the gods hear my prayers and guide me in my journey.



Fehu – Let Frey and Freya pave all roads with peace and cooperation. Let Niord and the Vanir provide wealth that moves with me—to meet my needs wherever the path takes me. Let the creative fire of Fehu help me to fulfill my own will for the good of all.

Uruz – Let Thor, the son of Odin and Jord, give me strength and courage to survive the physical plane. Let the mystery of Uruz bring clarity where there is confusion; and health to body, mind and spirit.

Thurisaz - Let Thor, the Mighty Thunderer, wield his hammer Mjollnir to avert my enemies. Let the sharp thorns of Thurisaz keep at safe distance those who wish me harm.

Ansuz - Let the breath of All-Father Odin, from the hall of Valaskjalf, inspire my heart. Let the Aesir defend the Order and release the fetters of Chaos. Let the poetic song of Ansuz fill my words with wisdom and reason.

Raido – From his chariot in Bilskirnir, let Thor be my example-- that I am the Master of mine own fate. Let the rudder of Raido steer me on the right course—always with a sense of right and wrong.

Kenaz – Let the bright sun of Baldur lead me out of darkness. Let Heimdal, the Shining Ase, illuminate my path with Truth. Let Freya’s love and favor spark my Intuition. Let the knowledge of Kenaz flow from kin to kin—that my works are not self-serving.

Gebo – Let All-Father Odin, from his high seat Hlidskjalf, oversee the laws of give and take. Let the precious gift of Gebo give balance to my every action; to know that for everything there is a price to pay.

Wunjo - Let All-Father Odin, from his bright home Gladsheim, bring me joy and desire for perfection. Let the flag of Wunjo lift my spirits with great news of Victory.


Gold bead – Let the gold that lines the halls of Valhalla reflect honor in my every deed.



Hagalaz - Let Loki’s daughter, Hella, take care the souls in Hel. Let Urd, the Norn, resolve the Past to release my Fate. Let the pounding hail of Hagalaz bring about the necessary change.

Nauthiz - Let the goddess Skuld resurrect her armies to constrain my enemies. Let the charred remains of Nauthiz reveal the unattended need; while the dragon Nidhogg waits in Nifelheim.

Isa – When all seems riotous and unrestrained around me, let the jotun limbs of Verdandi, Skadi and Rind still the raging waters. Let the frozen staves of Isa render all attacks against me harmless; and focus my will in single-minded action.

Jera – Let the Vanir twins, Frey and Freya, bless me with success and fruitful abundance. Let Baldur break from Hella’s gates to forgive his brother Hodur. Let Jera bend the web of wyrd to graduate the good and lasting change.

Eihwaz – Let Loki’s mischief beget only Skadi’s laughter. Let my oaths be sworn by the ring of Ullur—kin to the Dark Elves and honored throughout all Yggdrasil. As Odin sacrificed himself on The Tree, let the spine of Eihwaz provide me strength and courage to take the necessary risk.

Perthro – Let Frigga spin the Web of Wyrd. Let Verdandi, Skuld and Urd weave the Web of Fate. Let the sacrifice of Odin at the well of Mimir fill my cup with divine knowledge. Let Perthro give birth to new potential and reveal the secrets of my kindred inheritance.

Algiz – Let Heimdal deliver wise council from the gods in Asgard. Let the divine twins, the Alcis, unite all brothers at the Sacred Grove. Let the Valkyries protect me in the thick of battle. Let Algiz stand on every quarter and shield my work within the Circle.

Sowulo - There is no place more pure than Breidablik where Baldur once did dwell. Let Odin’s prayers be answered, as the flames of Barbet consume the hull of Hringhorni. Let lightening strike from Bilskirnir when Thor exacts his retribution. Let the radiance of Sowulo give power and purpose to my every intention.


Silver bead - Let Modsognir rule Swartalfheim and keep his treasures of inner Earth. Let all silver borrowed from the Dark Elves represent this peaceful arrangement.


Teiwaz – Let Tyr weigh the scales of justice—whenever right is on my side. Let the Sky God cast his Gungnir ore head my adversaries. Let Teiwaz give me courage, strength and honor in the heat of battle.

Berkana – As Berchta is to Holda, and Holda is to Berchta, such is the Twelfth Night to young and old. Let Epiphany console the feminine mystery and oversee the spinning of the Web. Let the magic of Berkana invoke the caring mother’s influence to plant seeds of love and creativity within me.

Ehwaz – Let Frey and Freya, Hengest and Horsa, the Alcis and all Divine Twins promote peace and harmony in my endeavors. Let my relationships thrive in partnership and cooperation—just as Odin rides his steed Sleipnir. Let the spirit of Ehwaz help me adjust to every situation and make the best of what I have.

Mannaz – Pauper, prince or warrior, let Heimdal inspire my will for the common good of the Tribe. Let the hugrune Mannaz reinforce the powers of my mind and intellect.

Laguz – Let Niord calm the wind and sea and guide me to safe harbor. Let the blessings of Nerthus set my sails for fertile ground. Let the tides of Laguz flood my shores with peace, love and plenty.

Inguz – Let Frey, the son of Niord, guide me through the dark night to complete my transformation. Let the astral doorway Inguz infuse the tribal Hamingja and enlighten my Unconscious.

Dagaz - When the wolf Fenrir slays Odin, when the serpent Jormungander slays Thor, when Surt slays Frey with his own sword, when Loki slays Heimdal at the entrance to Asgard, let the Ragnarok commence! So shall the opposing forces of good and evil clash to bring about the End of Days.

Othila – Let the gifts of All-Father Odin be the inheritance of his surviving kin. Let the protective walls of Othila surround the New Heaven and the New Earth.


Jasper bead – Let good health and good seasons find me and those I love.


Yggsrune – Let Heimdal recognize my face should I deserve the Earthen Stave. Let the Yr rune guide me back to Midgard until I know the halls of Asgard.


Pentacle medallion - Let peace, love, and endless joy aspire to affect me. Let earth, air, water, fire strengthen and protect me.


1st crystal bead – In the shining home, Gladsheim, Odin dwells. Honor and praise to the Father of the gods.

2nd crystal bead – In the house of lightening, Bilskirnir, Thor dwells. Honor and praise to the ruler of Midgard.

3rd crystal bead – In heaven hall, Himminbjorg, Heimdal dwells. Honor and praise to the guardian of Asgard.

4th crystal bead – In the field of warriors, Folkvang, Freya dwells. Honor and praise to the goddess of Valhalla.

5th crystal bead – Where no evil may enter, Breidablik, did Baldur dwell. Honor and praise to the Sun god.

6th crystal bead – In the valley of yews, Ydalir, Uller dwells. Honor and praise to the divine Bowman.

7th crystal bead – In the shipyard, Noatun, Niord dwells. Honor and praise to the god of the Sea.

8th crystal bead – In the hall of splendor, Glitnir, Forseti dwells. Honor and praise to the god of Justice.

9th crystal bead – In the hall of silver, Valaskjalf, Vali dwells. Honor and praise to the god of the New Age.

10th crystal bead – In the broad land, Landvidi, Vidar dwells. Honor and praise to the silent Avenger.

11th crystal bead – In the sunken bank, Sokkvabekk, Saga dwells. Honor and praise to the goddess of History.

12th crystal bead – In thunder home, Thrymheim, Skadi dwells. Honor and praise to the daughter of Thiazi.

MCD

No comments:

Post a Comment